Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Gabaldon strikes again

I ordered book #7, A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon, back in September when I was still in Afghanistan. I managed to read about 400 pages before I had to pack everything up and ship it back to Canada. When I got home I got caught up reading other books but I finally came back to finish this one. I had been a little disappointed with the first part of the book as it moves slower than I have an attention span for however, the more I got into it the harder it was to put it down. (I stayed up until 6:30am one Saturday morning reading it!) I don't want to give any of the plot away but I will say that it is set on Fraser's Ridge in North Carolina in the period leading up to the American Civil War. Gabaldon does intensive research to make these books historically accurate and it always pays off. I've been a fan of this series since book one and I'll keep reading them until she stops writing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS