Monday, December 31, 2007

Final books

Here are the final two books of 2007. I did better this year than last so maybe the trend will continue in 2008.

Book 29 was The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman. We sent to see the movie with some friends before I read the book but unfortunately, the theatre was really hot and I fell asleep so I can't tell you what I thought of it. The book though was quite interesting and I got into it in the same way as I got into the Harry Potter books. I'm looking forward to reading the next one.

And finally, book 30 was Tears of the Giraffe by Alexander McCall Smith. This is the second book in the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series and was just as good as books 1 & 3 which I had already read. I really want to go to Botswana to discover the country so lovingly described in the books and I also look forward to seeing the movie based on the first book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS