Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Books 8 & 9

I'm ashamed to admit it but I had never read Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery until a week ago. I have owned the book since I was about 8 and I adored the mini-series when it first aired but just hadn't got around to reading the book. I'm glad I finally did. It brought back all those great memories of childhood and made me remember what a fantastic story it is. This is definitely a book I'll be keeping for my children to read.

Along with children's lit I'm a big reader of historical fiction and I've always found Philippa Gregory's books very enjoyable. The Virgin's Lover was no expection. It follows the stories of Queen Elizabeth I and Sir Robert Dudley, her Master of Horse, as Elizabeth begins her reign and the two fall in love. It was a nice light read.

*****

For the past few weeks there has been a Pepto Bismol pink Hummer in the parking lot at the college and one of these days I'm going to take a picture. The thing is hideous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS