Thursday, January 04, 2007

To cap off the year

It's a little late I know, but I did manage to read one last book before the end of 2006.

Book 25 was Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. I had heard from several people that this prequel to The Da Vinci Code was the better of the two books and I agree with that sentiment to a point. Angels and Demons was definitely not as adjective heavy as The Da Vinci Code but both books had interesting stories and characters and both were easy to read. At a time when life is so busy and at times overwhelming, it was nice to be able to escape in some easy reading.

*****

I was a little surprised by how few books I managed to get through in 2006. Hopefully, with the help of our little book club, I will be able to discover some fantastic books this year and get back on track. That is one of my resolutions for this year.

Speaking of resolutions, I've made them in the past but have always made them vague enough that I didn't feel too bad if I didn't achieve them. While I decided that I wasn't going to make resolutions this year, there are a few goals that I'd like to work towards, specifically:


  • Get on track with losing weight - eat more veg, less carbs and make a concerted effort to exercise.
  • Be a better housekeeper - put the laundry away as soon as it is done.
  • Make use of all of the cookbooks I have and make more interesting meals.
  • Go on at least 5 hikes this summer.
  • Attend more concerts and see friends more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS