Thursday, November 18, 2010

Spotlight on: Elle Design

Today I am shining the spotlight on another extremely talented interior designer from Calgary. LeAnne Bunnell is the principle designer at Elle Design and says she has been designing since she was a little girl! I'll let LeAnne tell you about herself in her own words.
"My design training has been mostly self taught and in hands on work through many personal renovations and work for friends.  I did take the certificate program at MRC (when it was MRC back in the day) before I launched my business, but I have been ‘designing’ for years.  I recently ran across drawings for my bedroom that I designed from the IKEA catalogue when I was 10.  I even had a spec sheet and all the details for the installation worked out in the plan.  I have apparently been into project management for a looong time!

My particular style when I complete projects for clients?  Hmmm. I always try to use my clients as my muse (of course), but I would say I have a clean and classic filter through which my client’s personality shines through.  

I love working with fabrics, and merging finishes in kitchen and bath projects, although I am hesitant to say it is a specialty.  

The best thing about what I do is that is a completely different job every day, from hour to hour, and from client to client.  And I have the best clients.  Eventually, through the progression of a project, I think of them all as friends."

I find it so exciting to see all of this fantastic talent in my city. I personally think that LeAnne has an incredible future ahead of her!

All photos courtesy of LeAnne Bunnell.

2 comments:

  1. WHATS THE PAINT COLOR & BRAND IN THE KITCHEN?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Anonymous... ;) the paint colour is Benjamin Moore 'Sea Haze', a great grey with green undertones. Pairs beautifully with crisp whites and makes the accents of cherry red and apple green in the house pop.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS