Monday, June 04, 2012

Scenes from my weekend

We had an incredibly busy (but fun) weekend and that looks to be the trend right up until September. Here are a few snapshots from the weekend.

I received my first Glossybox on Friday! Will post a separate review later.

I go once a month for a gel manicure. After my crazy purple and gold disco nails last month, I decided to go with something a little calmer this time. This glitter is what my nail lady calls her "shit mix" - basically just a bowl she uses to catch glitter when she opens all the small containers. I love it!

Sunday was my dad's tree dedication ceremony. I'm not sure what I expected but what we ended up doing was choosing a tree and removing a tag so other people knew it was taken. The trees are planted quite close together so when they are grown I don't think there's any way we'll be able to find it, but my step-mom put a little mushroom garden stake under it for future identification.

While out at Big Hill Springs Provincial Park, we looked up and noticed an unusual sun shining down on us. People called it a sun dog but from my reading, I think it's more likely a 22ยบ halo.

 
My step-sister and brother-in-law own two adorable (and high energy) pugs named Starbuck and Apollo. They kept everyone entertained all afternoon.

 
While driving home we saw this awesome vintage car. A. called it a motorized carriage. 

 
And last, but definitely not least, our crazy daughter would put socks on her hands and called them her gloves. Apparently she was cold...


Have a great week!!




1 comment:

  1. I think my favourite is your awesome daughter using socks as gloves :)

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS