Monday, June 11, 2012

Scenes from my weekend

This past weekend was very kid-centric - Saturday was spent cooking and baking and Sunday we hosted the (early) 3rd birthday party for our Birth & Babies group. All the kiddos were born in July but with birthday parties galore, camping, and other scheduled events, we decided to have a party for them in June. Can you believe that our little group has continued to get together monthly for 3 years?! Love them all!

 M. turns 3 in July and the theme for her party this year is "ice cream social." I worked with my amazing friend Laurel, who is a graphic designer, and she came up with an awesome invitation.

Someone has decided she's a baby again - she rides around in her baby stroller and occasionally sucks a soother (even though she never did as an actual baby!). The thing that makes it funnier (to me anyway) is that she always wants to wear her "woman" shirt. Sorry kid, you can't be both. :)

I made cupcakes for the party - not bad if I do say so myself.

 I also made dried strawberries (which look NOTHING like the picture on Pinterest but were still yummy) and roasted chickpeas. The chickpeas didn't really get crispy though. Tips?

Every year we do a book exchange (which makes M. very happy) so I put out a basket to collect the books. This year we gave "Henri's Walk to Paris" by Saul Bass and received "Leonardo, The Terrible Monster" by Mo Willems.

 
I think the cupcakes were a hit! :)

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. love the photos and laughed hilariously when I saw M in her doll stroller....memories....the food looked delicious.....

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS