Friday, December 27, 2013

2013 Nail Polish : A Year in Review : Top 10 Retail

This has been quite a year for nail polish. Although market numbers indicate that nail polish sales declined in 2013 that is certainly not the case in my circles. If anything, sales are booming BUT more in the indie sector than the retail market. I've only been immersed in this community for a year but, from what I can tell, 2013 was THE YEAR OF THE INDIE. So many amazing brands popped up on the radar and I got to try a lot of amazing polish.

I decided to do a 4 part series showcasing my favourites from the year. This first post will be my top 10 retail polishes of the year (by retail, I mean anything that can be purchased in a physical store - this includes high end, salon and drugstore), the second post will be my top 10 indie polishes of the year, the third post will be my top 3 brands of the year (with an honourable mention), and the final post will be my top polish of the year along with some predictions for 2014. Polishes from my top 3 brands won't be mentioned in either of the top 10 posts and not all were necessarily released in 2013 but they were purchased by me this calendar year. Of course, there were many, many brands that I still want to try or purchased in 2013 but have not had a chance to use yet. (*hint, hint* I can see Pahlish and Colors by Llarowe making my top 10 of 2014!)

I will apologize in advance for the state of my cuticles in 50% of the photos - picking at them is a bad habit that I am working hard to break. :/

Without further ado, here are my top 10 retail polishes for 2013 (in alphabetical order).

| Chanel Taboo - my only disappointment is that the shimmer isn't super visible on the nail. |

| China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy AND I'm Not Lion - this was my go-to accent glitter |

| China Glaze Tart-y For the Party - perfect pastel purple |

| Color Club Eternal Beauty - their Halo Hues 2013 collection was AMAZING! |

| Color Club Holiday Splendor - dat sparkle! |

| Color Club Over the Moon - crazy holo |

| essie Mojito Madness - great formula and colour. |

| Illamasqua Gothiqua - Hudson's Bay Company exclusive - as with Chanel Taboo, the shimmer isn't really visible on the nail. | 

| Zoya Aurora - scattered holo, ahoy! |

What were your retail favourites for 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS