I started drifting away from design blogs and became more interested in beauty blogs and You Tube channels; after all, I can't afford an Eames chair but I can afford Nars blush! On that note, here are some of my favourite products from 2012.
Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray - It keeps my hair in place without being sticky, flaky, or stiff. Plus, it smells nice!
- bumble and bumble tonic lotion - I spray this on damp hair after a shower and I've really noticed a difference. It especially helps with keeping static to a minimum.
- Curel Hand & Cuticle Therapy - I received both this and the foot therapy in past Glossyboxes and I love them both! They are moisturizing and non-greasy and they both smell nice. Plus, they are super affordable at approx. $3.99!
The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover - I've tried different eye make-up removers but always come back to this one. It's non-greasy and doesn't sting my eyes which even a lot of the other "gentle" removers do. Plus, it takes off most stubborn mascaras. At $15.00 CDN it's a little pricier than drugstore products, but worth it in my mind.
- Farmhouse Fresh Splendid Dirt Nutrient Mud Mask with Organic Pumpkin - My sister's best-friend manages a spa in Calgary and I discovered this product there. This stuff is seriously amazing! It smells good enough to eat and makes my skin feel so soft and clean.
- Rocky Mountain Soap Company Aloe Hydrating Toner - I am obsessed with Rocky Mountain Soap Company! In our house we use their bar soaps and liquid hand soaps every day and all other products I've tried have been fantastic. I love that they are a local company (Canmore, AB) and their products are all natural. This toner does a great job of hydrating my skin without making it oily.
- Buxom Stay-There eyeshadow in Mutt - I love the feel of these eyeshadows. They are super soft and silky and glide on easily. They are also easy to build up and the shimmer is gorgeous!
- Wet & Wild eyeshadow trio in Sweet As Candy - I must say, Wet & Wild has come a long way from the company I knew as a teenager and, seeing how popular they are with the beauty blogger community, I'm obviously not the only one. These shadows are smooth and silky and the colour payoff is great. Amazing value!
- NYX jumbo eye pencil in cottage cheese - Honestly, the name kind of grosses me out but this eye pencil is amazing! Glides on smoothly and is perfectly for the inner corner of the eye.
- Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner - I received this eyeliner in the Fall Luxe Box and it got me over my fear of liquid liner. It has a marker-type tip so you don't have to worry about it drying out and once it sets, it doesn't smudge.
- Stila Smudge Crayon in pink violet - I first saw this and the Buxom eyeshadow mentioned in a tutorial video from NikkiRothBeauty. The combination of the taupe/bronze and the violet is beautiful! It glides on easily and blends well.
Top to bottom: Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner, NYX jumbo eye pencil in cottage cheese, Stila Smudge Crayon in pink violet, Buxom Stay-There eyeshadow in Mutt.
Tarina Tarantino Dollskin Cheek blush in Feather - I'm so sad that I only discovered this brand towards the end of the year and now it's discontinued at Sephora. This blush is seriously amazing - it feels like silk and the colour is beautiful.
- Benefit Cha Cha Tint - Benefit is famous for their cheek and lip tints, specifically Benetint, but Cha Cha Tint is the first one I've tried. It looks scary when first applying it - it's a really bright orange/coral colour - but once it's either blended or blotted, the colour is truly beautiful. I mainly wear it as a lip tint, because I haven't gotten the hang of blending it on my cheeks, and I love it.
Top to bottom: Tarina Tarantino Dollskin Cheek blush in Feather, Benefit Cha Cha Tint and Cha Cha Tint blended
Lancome Rouge in Love lipsticks in 381B Violette Coquette and 379N Rose Sulfureuse - I fell in love with lipstick this year, specifically these two from Lancome. The colours look amazing on the lip and the formula is incredible. So pigmented and smooth to apply.
Top: 379N Rose Sulfureuse Bottom: 381B Violette Coquette
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Smitten and Adore - This is another product that I think deserves the hype it received. These balm stains are amazing - smooth to apply, easy to build colour from sheer to deep and are decently hydrating. They have a nice peppermint tingle when applied.
Top: Smitten Bottom: Adore (excuse the messy swatches - it was tough for this lefty to do these with my right hand.)
What were your favourite products this year? Did you discover anything new?