Sunday, June 12, 2005

Home from Kingston

After a long week spent cramming information into my head I am now home for another week or so. It is nice to be home so I have a chance to finish everything up but a part of me wishes I was leaving with the rest of the group tomorrow. However, there were 5 of us that had to go home for various reasons so I imagine they will try and get us all out together.

The week of training was a lot of fun. The NBC training was fun if tiring and greasy, hostage taking and mine awareness were really interesting, the fire training was cool and I am now a certified level 1 first aider and I hold a level A CPR. We spent a fun-filled Thursday evening at the Toucan pub in downtown Kingston and went on to another "interesting" establishment and last night we hung out around the pool and ordered pizza. The entire week was hot and humid with the exception of a few hours when it drizzled.

I met some really great people and I am looking forward to spending more time with them at the camp. In fact, I really can't wait to leave!

When I got home today I discovered that Aaron, Shaun, Emma, Laurel, Marianne, Celeste and Brad had decorated my condo and put flowers all over the place. How could I ask for better friends? I want to leave it all up because it looks so nice, especially the streamers and shooting stars that hang over my bed.

I've uploaded pictures from training to Flickr so please check them out.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/trec_lit/

1 comment:

  1. This all sounds so exciting. I can't wait to hear stories once you get there. Stay safe. We are all going to miss you.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS